Important covid-19 updates
The health and well-being of our team and those who enter our hospital will always be a priority. We appreciate your understanding and kindness in supporting us and each other.
Masks are now optional. It is no longer required to wear a mask inside our hospitals. Please feel free to wear one if that is your personal preference.
At VVC, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority. We appreciate your continued support as we have navigated the COVID-19 pandemic at our hospitals. We plan to remain open for emergencies and to continue specialty care during our normal business hours.
Pet owners have the option to enter our hospitals. Clients must pass pre-screening ahead of time and follow all posted guidelines.
Inside our hospitals, we have taken added steps to keep patients, clients, and our team healthy and safe:
- Once your pet has been triaged, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle until the doctor is ready to discuss his/her exam findings and recommendations. We recommend having your pet wait with us in our treatment area, but if you prefer, he/she may wait with you in your vehicle.
- We will call you when we are ready for you to re-enter the building. Our front desk staff will escort you to an exam room at that time. If you feel more comfortable remaining in your car, we can continue with our curbside service and discuss findings/recommendations over the phone.
- Your pet’s exam will be performed in our treatment area to avoid prolonged contact time between doctors and clients in exam rooms.
- Since our capacity for clients inside the hospital is limited at this time, we will give priority seating in our exam rooms and lobby to pet owners with patients in critical condition.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at our reception desks and we have added floor decals and ample instructional signage throughout our hospitals.
- We ask that all clients maintain proper social distancing practices by keeping 6-feet of space from others.
- Exam rooms will be disinfected between clients. Disinfection contact time is 10 minutes. We cannot move clients in/out of exam rooms prior to adequate contact time.
- Visitation of hospitalized patients will be limited to once per day, with a maximum of two visitors at a time.
If you feel more comfortable waiting in your vehicle for your pet, or if you do not wish to comply with the steps outlined above, you are welcome to use our curbside service, rather than entering the hospital.
Specialty Services: All VVC specialty departments are fully operational and accepting new patients.
Please call upon arrival at our hospitals for emergency visits or specialty appointments so that our team may provide you with instructions: