May 29, 2019
Client Service Representative
Position Available at VVC Richmond
The Client Service Supervisor carries out assigned duties within a regular pattern of work and is adaptable to changes in the work pattern. As Client Service Supervisor he/she is responsible for the day-to-day assigned administrative activities of the front office staff.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- At least two (2) years of experience as a client service representative.
- Participation in continuing education programs with at least eight contact hours of continuing education annually in receptionist, supervisory, or customer/client relations training.
- Effective communication with clients and staff, maintaining harmonious interpersonal relationships.
- An enthusiastic, optimistic attitude.
- Good organizational and supervisory skills.
- Good coaching and training skills. The ability to provide training and mentorship to staff members
- The ability to show leadership towards all coworkers.
- The ability to motivate through an understanding of the different needs and styles of staff and doctors
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and delegate
- The ability to follow or give direction with and without supervision
- Computer skills and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to take ownership of tasks and complete those tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work independently or with various internal groups and teams and can manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Ability to clearly communicate with staff, clients, and referring veterinarians, by phone or in person.
- Working knowledge of the veterinary field and displays a strong knowledge of the hospital’s policies and procedures
- An understanding of how all our departments work and what they each provide and displays a specific knowledge of all job descriptions within our hospital
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies problems and assists in solving them.
- To ensure that our client service is exceeding the expectations of our clients and RDVMs.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel and delegates areas of orientation to other office personnel, as appropriate.
- Assists in evaluations of work performance of all personnel.
- Encourages staff participation in learning opportunities and professional organizations.
- Utilizes opportunities for growth through participation in professional organizations and continuing education programs.
- Contributes to the learning experience of the staff and acts as a role model.
- Coordinates vacations, work schedules/attendance, and seminar participation.
- Stores, maintains, retrieves, and distributes patient and office records as appropriate.
- Develops and adapts work techniques and methods to deliver high-quality customer service and patient care.
- Keeps inventory of front desk supplies and orders as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance of all office equipment and reporting any situations that they can not resolve to the appropriate parties.
- Maintains compassion, sympathy, and professionalism during high-stress situations.
- Demand quality patient care and client service.
- Efficiently directs staff during busy and non-busy shifts.
- Direct staff in a way to improve efficiency.
- Ensures that doctor, staff, and client communication regarding patient care and client service.
- Work closely with the Hospital Director, Client Service Manager, or Patient Service manager to ensure proper communication.
- Meet at least once weekly with appropriate manager regarding staffing and other hospital issues.
- Assist in the hiring, orienting, and training of new employees.
- Evaluate staff performance and performs all necessary reviews.
- Provides immediate feedback for poor employee performance or infractions in hospital policies, procedures, and core values.
- Facilitates communication among staff by encouraging open and direct communication.
- Acts as intermediate counsel prior to contacting Human Resource Manager, Client Service Manager, or Patient Service manager (writes up conversations and forwards document to HR).
- Provides content and is present for staff and departmental meetings held monthly.
- Member of at least one hospital committee.
- Be available for all hours that are required for scheduling a 24-hour emergency hospital; also, will arrange coverage for any open shifts or call-outs.
- Open availability is required.
- Will work a combination of ER shifts and administrative shifts; based on business needs.
- Responsible for monitoring staffing and will reach out to CSR Manager when overtime is required for approval.
- Actively pursues highest level of skills available in the hospital.
Hospital Cleanliness Responsibilities
- To ensure that our hospital is being kept to our cleanliness standard by performing regular hospital walkthroughs
- Ensures a clean environment in all areas of the hospital according to assigned daily, weekly, and monthly task lists.
- To ensure that our customer service is exceeding the expectations of our clients.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls in a timely pleasant, helpful manner, routing the calls to a more appropriate source when necessary.
- Assisting clients in a pleasant, helpful manner.
- Uphold compassion, sympathy, and professionalism during high-stress situations.
- Stocking of supplies throughout hospital.
- Greets clients and triages patients upon their arrival to the hospital.
- Transfers referral appointments to Referral Coordinator using proper script protocols.
- Escorts clients into the examination rooms or supervises triage of critical patients to the treatment room.
- Maintains ongoing client relationships through grief counseling, acting as liaison with staff, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Evaluates client concerns and situations to determine their importance and urgency. Conducts research and process adjustments independently or in concert with other department to the mutual satisfaction of the client.
- Fully documents and forward client complaint items to Client Services Manager or handle complaints with the guidance of the CSR Manager.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients in order to guarantee client satisfaction by accepting full accountability for client wait time until resolved.
- Record comments or items with regards to research, newly obtained information, or phone calls.
- Respond in a professional, timely, and empathetic manner to both telephone and written inquiries from internal and external clients.
- Meets our hospital standards by adapting to new protocols.
Medical & Financial Records Responsibilities
- Performs research and clearly documents account issues or inquiries and responds to the appropriate clients and/or supervisors after the issue has been resolved.
- Discussing treatment costs and estimates with clients using established protocols.
- Assembles and labels all patient records including, but not limited to patient medical records, estimate/treatment authorization forms, euthanasia request forms, and kennel identification labels.
- Handles all financial transactions including estimates, deposits, payments on accounts, and promissory notes.
- Files all completed patients’ records at the end of the shift.
- Stores, maintains, distributes, and retrieves patient’s records and copies charts for referral as requested.
- Maintains accurate financial records. Upon balancing the shift’s receipts, deposits them in the proper location.
- Distributes supplies and forms to appropriate areas as directed.
- Enters financial and non-financial transactions and verifies completeness and accuracy of work.
Responsibilities to Veterinarians
- Assisting with their daily tasks while upholding our core values during day-to-day operations.
- Provides and maintains complete and accurate communication and financial records.
- Develops and adapts work techniques and methods to deliver high-quality client/patient care.
Animal Care Responsibilities
- Knowledge of patient isolation protocols and zoonotic diseases.
- Ensures that patient transfers and rounds protocols are upheld.
- Ensures that doctor, staff, and client communication regarding patient care and finances is at the highest levels possible.
Hospital Efficiency and Management
- Welcomes new staff to our culture and teaches skills to new hires.
- Help encourage open and direct communication and facilitate communication between staff.
- Assists in the orientation of new clerical personnel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability