Virginia Veterinary Centers is a specialty referral center located in the heart of Carytown (Richmond, VA). We provide 24-hour emergency and critical care, internal medicine, oncology, dermatology, dentistry, and surgery services. We are currently seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to support our Internal Medicine Department. We require a minimum of (1) year of recent experience working as a Veterinary Assistant.
As an Internal Medicine Veterinary Assistant, you will…
- Assist in induction and sedation of patients with a Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Set up, assist, and cleaning up in daily procedures and operations such as Endoscopies, CT, tube placements, and other diagnostic/anesthetic procedures; knowing the proper materials and equipment needed for each procedure
- Restraining patients for diagnostic imaging such as direct digital radiology, ultrasonography, etc.
- Appropriate handling of certain samples such as biopsies, and how to submit them to outside laboratories
- Help to restock supplies throughout the day to ensure proficiency and efficiency; and assisting in the inventory of the medical supplies and products of the department
- Communicate with clients to obtain histories on patient health and relaying the information to DVM in a professional medical manner with proper terminology; providing client communication in terms of discharging after hospitalizations
- Assist in initial patient assessment by obtaining vital signs; acknowledging and understanding normal vs. abnormal vital sign parameters
- Practicing basic record-keeping for the department’s patient records
- You MUST have previous experiences greater than (1) year as a Veterinary Assistant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Speaking directly with clients and other hospital team members, excellent communication skills are valuable and important
- Ability to work in a team environment by taking direction and assisting other medical team members
- Exemplifies a strong work ethic, with a positive attitude
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to lift, push, and pull above 50lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
If you are an experienced Veterinary Assistant who shares our passion for providing outstanding veterinary care, we want to hear from you. We are committed to the professional development of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $17.00 per hour
Competitive wages and overnight differential pay if you choose to pick up overnight shifts. Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), generous paid time off, uniforms, CE allowance, and personal pet discounts.
Applicants must provide a cover letter to describe their interests in applying for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.